Transform cardboard tubes into cute cottages in just a few simple steps.
- Paint the tube and let it dry.
- Make two angled cuts into one end of the tube to form a point. Fold a 3- by 3 1/2-inch piece of scrapbook paper in half, then set it on the pointed end as a roof. Use tacky glue to secure it.
- Make two cuts to create a rectangular door, as shown. Glue on a bead for a doorknob.
- Draw windows onto colored paper, cut them out, and attach them to the cottage using a glue stick.
- For a chimney, fold a strip of paper into a four-sided, open-ended box, and glue it to the roof.