Tuesday 21 June 2016

Tissue Paper Balloon Bowls

It’s B week in kindergarten starting tomorrow.  We are going to make these amazing balloon bowls which I kind of stumbled upon by accident.  They started off as hot air balloons from Collage Collage, a totally fabulous art studio for kids and shop.  I seriously stalk them on instagram.  After I worked on the first balloon, which took a bit longer than I thought, I accidentally popped the balloon inside while removing the tape holding it to the cup.  Turned out to be a major blessing in disguise because I realized the balloon separates itself from the tissue paper in the COOLEST way, with sound effects and everything, and I could trim it into a super cool bowl.  From there I tried balloons in different sizes because there is no way kindergartners are going to sit for 45 minutes modge podging.  I am so pleased with the process and the results, especially the balloon popping.  The kids will love that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...